3 cards: King diamonds, 4 clubs, 10 clubs.
you find trash
You look for wild animals
you do nothing NB: this contradicts the previous two prompts, so I am discarding it.
I’m not hungry. I’m not thirsty, either. Like so many other things here, this doesn’t make sense. I’ve been here for days, if the day/night cycle is to be believed, and I haven’t eaten or drunk a thing. The very thought of eating and drinking makes me feel a little queasy. Which is just as well, since there isn’t anything to eat or drink here. There are no kitchens. No sinks. No refrigerators. No food. No water. Nohing.
It also occurred to me that it’s awfully quiet here. At home, there’s always noise. There is the sound of the breeze rustling the trees - but there’s no breeze. There are insects from time to time. But I haven’t seen or heard any. There are birds. But I haven’t seen or heard any of them, either. There are no moths. No flies. No sparrows. No mynahs. Nothing.
I haven’t seen any of the hooded figures since the sacrifice. I haven’t seen the angel again, either. I haven’t seen anybody. Or anything, human, animal, spectral, or alien.
I spent this morning looking for signs of humanity. And I found…something. Something that bothers me. I found a garbage can, and took a look inside. All the usual scraps were there - torn plastic containers stained with food remains, wrappings from peoples’ household goods, the sweepings from the floors, random bits of paper with meaningless scribbles on them - but nothing smelled. There was no decay.
There’s no life, just an image which doesn’t need to move, because nobody is watching for movement.
Comments
Post a Comment