Level 1 Attention to detail roll for Graham (ie the PC): For: 6 Against: 3 No modifiers. Graham wins.
Carrie and I decided to explore the building, since we're trapped here. Actually, it's by way of a truce. She and I clashed pretty quickly on the subject of politics - I mentioned my opinions of the Neon Marxists in my last post, and she took exception. Fair enough, really - nobody enjoys having somebody tell them their political ideology is stupid.
Most of the apartments are at least partly furnished, and they're all pretty mouldy, too. Which is also reasonable, given that they wind up with their foundations in water every time a storm cell comes over. We found a large mattress in one of the apartments that isn't too mouldy, and some drapes that are actually mould free. So we're dragging the mattress up to the hut at the top of the building where the stairwell comes out. We'll put the mattress there, and cover it with the drapes and have somewhere to sleep that has easy access to the roof and is not too filthy.
I found something else whilst we were exploring - a solid state data store. It has an official government Seal on it, and I really can't imagine what it's doing here, in a mouldy old apartment block in the Old City. When we get out of here, Carrie and I are going to try to find out what's on it. Neither of us talked about it, but we both know we're going to do it.
The thing is, of course, that it was a High Security seal. We don't know what's on it, and it will be encrypted to within an inch of its life, but odds are on that it doesn't have the PM's Mother's recipe for tomato soup on it.
Carrie and I decided to explore the building, since we're trapped here. Actually, it's by way of a truce. She and I clashed pretty quickly on the subject of politics - I mentioned my opinions of the Neon Marxists in my last post, and she took exception. Fair enough, really - nobody enjoys having somebody tell them their political ideology is stupid.
Most of the apartments are at least partly furnished, and they're all pretty mouldy, too. Which is also reasonable, given that they wind up with their foundations in water every time a storm cell comes over. We found a large mattress in one of the apartments that isn't too mouldy, and some drapes that are actually mould free. So we're dragging the mattress up to the hut at the top of the building where the stairwell comes out. We'll put the mattress there, and cover it with the drapes and have somewhere to sleep that has easy access to the roof and is not too filthy.
I found something else whilst we were exploring - a solid state data store. It has an official government Seal on it, and I really can't imagine what it's doing here, in a mouldy old apartment block in the Old City. When we get out of here, Carrie and I are going to try to find out what's on it. Neither of us talked about it, but we both know we're going to do it.
The thing is, of course, that it was a High Security seal. We don't know what's on it, and it will be encrypted to within an inch of its life, but odds are on that it doesn't have the PM's Mother's recipe for tomato soup on it.
Comments
Post a Comment