The police were back again today. They asked me about the strange smell, and how long it had been since it had appeared. I couldn't give them much information about it - I knew that it wasn't there when the old couple's kids sold the place next door. But it was definitely there when the young couple left.
They ambled through the house, trying to find the place where the smell was strongest. They found it - it was the wall between my bedroom and next door's master bedroom.
They told me that identifying the smell and how long it had been there was really important. They even took away some of my clothing - stuff that had been sitting in my wardrobe for ages unused - for testing.
Then a forensic psychologist turned up and asked me a whole heap of leading questions. I didn't even know there was such a thing as forensic psychology! But he was really nice. I even showed him my blog. He told me that he was going to go through it carefully - he said that he didn't think that I killed those people (which was really nice of him), but my blog might help them narrow down how long the smell was there.
For me, that's the really important thing - the smell was what gave me psychotic episodes! They think it was a key factor in the murders.
It's gone now. The smell, I mean. I asked the forensic psychologist if he'd be willing to talk to my doctor, and he called him up for me. Then I spoke to my doctor, and he thinks I'll recover completely. He's given me a referral to a counsellor, who I'm going to see regularly for a while, too.
I'm starting to feel much better now.
They ambled through the house, trying to find the place where the smell was strongest. They found it - it was the wall between my bedroom and next door's master bedroom.
They told me that identifying the smell and how long it had been there was really important. They even took away some of my clothing - stuff that had been sitting in my wardrobe for ages unused - for testing.
Then a forensic psychologist turned up and asked me a whole heap of leading questions. I didn't even know there was such a thing as forensic psychology! But he was really nice. I even showed him my blog. He told me that he was going to go through it carefully - he said that he didn't think that I killed those people (which was really nice of him), but my blog might help them narrow down how long the smell was there.
For me, that's the really important thing - the smell was what gave me psychotic episodes! They think it was a key factor in the murders.
It's gone now. The smell, I mean. I asked the forensic psychologist if he'd be willing to talk to my doctor, and he called him up for me. Then I spoke to my doctor, and he thinks I'll recover completely. He's given me a referral to a counsellor, who I'm going to see regularly for a while, too.
I'm starting to feel much better now.
Comments
Post a Comment