The person from the real estate agency turned up - and had hysterics. She banged on my door after she'd found the source of the smell, and got me to call the police.
I didn't quite believe her at first - she said she'd found two dead bodies. I thought she was exaggerating, so I went and saw for myself.
She was right. There were two human corpses, right there, in the bottom of the back yard. One of them was basically a skeleton with bits covering it. The other... Well, it was probably the source of the smell.
I threw up. Fortunately, I managed to throw up in the opposite corner of the garden, so the forensics experts won't get too upset with me for it.
I called them, of course, right after I'd finished heaving my guts out.
They questioned us both separately. The girl from the agency was done pretty quickly - she hadn't been working there for very long, and didn't know much. She gave them the name of the person who usually dealt with that address, and why she'd come, and that was that.
They took a lot longer with me. They asked me all about what I remembered of the people who lived there. I told them everything I knew, of course. Not that there was much for me to tell - I was on speaking terms with all of them, such as it was, but that was all.
The elderly couple were lovely, and we got on really well. The young couple were too busy fighting to talk to me. The woman after them didn't stay long enough for me to do more than say hello. And the kids? Well, they were kids. Nice enough, when they were sober and remembered to think things through.
The detective left me his card, and told me to call him if I remembered anything else. I will, if I remember anything.
I wonder if I should have mentioned my antipsychosis medicine?
I didn't quite believe her at first - she said she'd found two dead bodies. I thought she was exaggerating, so I went and saw for myself.
She was right. There were two human corpses, right there, in the bottom of the back yard. One of them was basically a skeleton with bits covering it. The other... Well, it was probably the source of the smell.
I threw up. Fortunately, I managed to throw up in the opposite corner of the garden, so the forensics experts won't get too upset with me for it.
I called them, of course, right after I'd finished heaving my guts out.
They questioned us both separately. The girl from the agency was done pretty quickly - she hadn't been working there for very long, and didn't know much. She gave them the name of the person who usually dealt with that address, and why she'd come, and that was that.
They took a lot longer with me. They asked me all about what I remembered of the people who lived there. I told them everything I knew, of course. Not that there was much for me to tell - I was on speaking terms with all of them, such as it was, but that was all.
The elderly couple were lovely, and we got on really well. The young couple were too busy fighting to talk to me. The woman after them didn't stay long enough for me to do more than say hello. And the kids? Well, they were kids. Nice enough, when they were sober and remembered to think things through.
The detective left me his card, and told me to call him if I remembered anything else. I will, if I remember anything.
I wonder if I should have mentioned my antipsychosis medicine?
Comments
Post a Comment