My neighbour's place is changing tenants again. This is the third time in two months! It was never like this before. There was a lovely old couple living there, they'd been there for years. But he had dementia, and then she died. So he went into a nursing home, and their kids put the place on the market.
Since then? Well, first there was a young couple. They weren't too happy, to be honest - they were always fighting. And then their dog vanished, never to be seen again, and they fought more than ever. Then she walked out or something, and he left not long after.
Then there was a divorced woman with grown-up children. She got the creeps, and couldn't stand living there for more than three weeks before she left. She kept complaining about the smell, now that I think of it. She thought something had died under the floorboards, or something. I reminded her that the place is on a concrete slab, like mine is, and she snapped at me. I don't think she'd been sleeping w
After her were two young men. They were students, I think. Nice enough, although they were pretty silly when they got drunk. There were some strange noises coming from there last week, too, come to think of it.
And I didn't see them move out, either.
Since then? Well, first there was a young couple. They weren't too happy, to be honest - they were always fighting. And then their dog vanished, never to be seen again, and they fought more than ever. Then she walked out or something, and he left not long after.
Then there was a divorced woman with grown-up children. She got the creeps, and couldn't stand living there for more than three weeks before she left. She kept complaining about the smell, now that I think of it. She thought something had died under the floorboards, or something. I reminded her that the place is on a concrete slab, like mine is, and she snapped at me. I don't think she'd been sleeping w
After her were two young men. They were students, I think. Nice enough, although they were pretty silly when they got drunk. There were some strange noises coming from there last week, too, come to think of it.
And I didn't see them move out, either.
Comments
Post a Comment