3 Cards: Queen diamonds, Queen hearts, 8 diamonds.
You find an old book
you encounter A something strange
You find old documents about Aliens
Okay, so I didn’t actually know that the hooded figures had killed the witch. But that ceremony looked as though it had been a sacrifice. Something to appease something or other.
But what?
I wandered into yet another of the dilapidated houses. Like the others, it showed no sign of having people living in it. (Goodness knows where the hooded figures lived. I had tried following one of them after the sacrifice, but they had rounded a corner a couple of blocks away from the church and had vanished. I had tried to follow, but it was clear that I was unable to go where they had gone. It was like they had wandered into another plane of existence or something. It was really bizarre.)
There was a bookshelf in this one, with books on it. The books were as ancient as the houses were. I took one of the books down - it had a picture of Spock on the cover, and was about Star Trek. I had never heard of this publication, so I looked inside the cover to see when it was published.
It hadn’t been published yet. The damned thing came from five years after me!
I put it back, and scanned the other books. There were some journals there. Diaries of some kind. I glanced in them, but they were written in a script that was unfamiliar to me. I looked around to see if I could find some kind of cypher, since the book on Star Trek was written in English, but there was nothing.
What the hell was going on?
Comments
Post a Comment